Camano Cooperative Water & Power Co.
A private water cooperative serving approximately 600 shareholders and
with the capacity to serve up to 698.
994 S. Gary Lane
Camano Island, WA 98282
(360) 387-7363 office
(360) 630-0970 after hours emergency
M-Th 11am - 3pm
F 11am - 2pm
Annual Meeting Updates:
Thank you to everyone who attended this years' annual meeting; it was great to see everyone! A few notes:
- the Bylaws have been updated to reflect the time change for subsequent annual meetings (moving from 3pm to 10am)
- CCWP Board Members Information has been updated on our website to reflect the latest election
- CCWP Financial Statements are available upon request to all shareholders
- The Limited Update Water System Plan is available for viewing in the office
Here are some tips to resolve the issue:
1. Go to your outdoor hose bib and run the water for a few minutes till it runs clear
2. Back inside, go to the faucet that you believe is the furthest from where the water comes into your house via your plumbing. Run that faucet till the water comes clear.
3. Make your way through your house turning on each faucet until each separate one runs clear.
A special note, if you have used a lot of hot water, your hot water tank may need to be flushed as well. This can be done by running the hot water from any faucet.
You should notice your water turning clear rather quickly. If the issue persists, please call our office to let us know and we can have a professional come out to assist.
The Capital Projects Committee is assessing the replacement of infrastructure in the Manaco/Cove/Finch area which would include relocation of the main to the county right-of-way. The water lines supporting these communities have been in place for many years with frequent leaks and damage to property. Moving forward we will: complete surveying and mark utility locations; determine a phasing plan that meets availability of funding; and initiate construction in phases.
Beware.... Your Cooperative does not have an online account log in or bill payment provision. We've been made aware of online vendors offering these services and it is misleading. This is not connected with your account or any services provided by the Cooperative. This includes doxo services; please do not use doxo to pay your CCWP bill. Please feel free to contact us any time with any concerns and questions.
This piece of historic water delivery was uncovered abandoned in 2019 while replacing the main at Indian Beach and Hanson. This wooden wrapped pipe would likely have been implemented in the early 1930s. We recently found that this type of pipe is still in use in other areas on the island.